4.30.2013

Kitchen Inspirations, Part 1

Our house is almost thirty years old, and our kitchen badly needs a renovation. It's has taken a beating through the years, and if I could describe it to you in a few words, I would say it's run-down, too yellow, and has a lot of potential.

I say "too yellow" because my mother's favorite color is yellow, and when my grandpa, who was an architect, built our house, my parents were overseas and so were unable to supervise the construction. I think he went a little overboard with the yellow part and it's been haunting me for all the years I've lived in this house.

Now it's finally time to make some changes, so I am searching the web for some inspirations. 

If only we can have all-white cabinets and counters, but alas, it's too dusty in my part of the world.
I want the showcase of collectibles! I would place my collection of cookie jars in it!
This simplicity and clean lines will probably work for ours since it's difficult to maintain an area that is too ornate when you live in a tropical setting. Plus, the size of this kitchen is probably closer to what we have.
If flooding was not a worry, I definitely would want wooden floors for our kitchen. I also love the navy blue color amid the white drawers and cabinets.

I love the distressed finish of the countertops and that long table in front of the island.




Again, I'm loving the island and the sitting area.

No comments:

Post a Comment