5.12.2013

Purple Haze

I don't have a favorite color, or at least a permanent one. You see, I've been through a few and for some reason it never sticks. I remember when I was a teenager and angry at the world--guess what my favorite color was back then? And then I went through a phase of olive greens and grays. And there was this one time when all the contents of my bag had a tint of silver on them, even my pens. But for the last five years or so, I've had a slight inclination toward the color purple.

The color purple should be used sparingly like any other strong colors (red, bright yellow, oranges) because you don't want your home to look like Grimace is the head of the household. If used right, purple can make your home look sophisticated and fun.

The green and purple combination works well in my opinion. (via decorasia.wordpress.com)
The wall finish doesn't make the color too overwhelming. And the floor complements the color nicely. (via nestifyonline.com)
One purple accent piece can make a big difference. (via zunigainteriors.blogspot.com)
For something less permanent, you can use purple sheets. (via uniqueinteriors.blogspot.com)
Or accent pieces like throw pillows and vases (via bkkhome.blogspot.com)
A unique way of using wallpaper and purple! I love how the ceiling is the focal point of the room. (via decorpad.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment